Friday, June 24, 2011

Feed

I decided to do something a little different w/ this post and that is do a review of book that contains technology. I will do this from time to time w/ movies and books that I feel have a good amount of technology in them. Why? Well, I thought it would be a fun thing to do and I'd love to hear feedback from readers who share some of the same tastes as I do.

Feed is a book by Mira Grant and is the first book in the Newsflesh Trilogy. I like to compare this to a cross between Dawn of the Dead meets Primary Colors. Being a huge horror fanatic, I was super excited to be reading a book about zombies. However, that is just a small part about what this book is about. It is more about the political race of claiming a new president and the conspiracy of incomprehensible proportions.

What I really like about this book is how it treats "amplification" or the process of turning into a zombie. It treats it as a virus and how it spreads and so on and so forth. Now, this book does take place in the future so there is a lot of technology to be found. Most importantly how technology covers the news and that blogging is now the main source of finding out the most current and truthful news.

Anyone who is interested in blogging or has a blog of their own, should really give this book a chance as they will be fascinated at how blogging has evolved from the present day. It is very detailed and highly entertaining.

On a scale of 5 stars I would give it 4 1/2.

Other books filled w/ technology that I highly recommend and might review in the future are: Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, and the Stieg Larsson trilogy, Girl w/ Dragon Tattoo, Girl who Played w/ Fire and the Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest.

Click here for more info on Feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!